The ANJEE Annual Retreat (a.k.a. Leadership Conference) was designed to provide a forum for the present and future leaders of the organization to participate in a professional development workshop; learning skills and knowledge related to their roles in the field of environmental education and ANJEE. This extended time together also afforded an ideal opportunity to discuss the coming years' goals and activities. In an effort to encourage new leadership, the Annual Retreat is open to all members. This is the time when they can work with the smaller committee groups and learn about ANJEE activities. Recreation and Fun are important ingredients in a two-day retreat!The ANJEE Annual Retreat:
* is traditionally held on the first Saturday / weekend of March;
* is coordinated by the Vice-president, President and the Program Committee of the hosting region;
* generally consists of a professional development workshop, working committee sessions (planning
activities and budgets for the coming year), and a business meeting of the Executive Board and Advisory
Councils when the action plans are reported and budgets are finalized; and
* is announced to the general membership in the winter via social media and at the conference.
* The cost of the Annual Retreat is shared by ANJEE and the attendees. Generally, attendees pay for the
costs of food and lodging and ANJEE pays for speakers' fees. (Grant-writing and/or other fundraising for
this event is encouraged)
All members of ANJEE and potential members are invited to attend. Advisory Council and Executive Board members are expected to attend.
ANJEE is an official affiliate of NAAEE